Working Permit Information

The following provides information on how to obtain the permits and certificates that are needed to comply with the Child Labor Laws for Rhode Island youth's to work.  All signed paperwork should be submitted to the Central Administration Building at 29 Middle Road, Portsmouth. 

  • Instructions for students under 16 years old:

  • Instructions for students 16+ years old:

  • Once the forms are prepared, we will contact you to pick up copies for you and your employer.

For more information on the Child Labor Laws,  please visit the State of Rhode Island's Department of Labor and Training.