WELCOME NEW PATRIOTS!
Welcome to Portsmouth High School! We are glad you are here, and the New Patriots Club wants to help make your transition as easy as possible.
If you have questions like…
“How do I find my classes?” “Who will I sit with at lunch?”
“How do I get involved in sports and clubs?”
…New Patriots is the right place to start!
The New Patriots Club is designed for students who are from military families, international, local, exchange students, transitioning from other public schools, private schools, home schooled – you name it! Our current members already live in Portsmouth and are excited to meet you and answer any questions you may have about your new area.
Spring 2018 Events
New Patriots End of the Year Party!
Friday, May 18
Hope you can come!
Here's what we've done this past year, 2017-2018...
Melville Popsicle Social
- Tuesday, August 22 from 10am-12pm
- Melville Community Center
- This event is specifically for military families. All schools in the district will be represented, and some PHS New Patriot student leaders will be there as well.
- Questions? Contact Pam Martin at email@example.com
PHS New Student Orientation
- Thursday, August 24 from 8am-12pm
- You will be in a group of other new students and New Patriot student leaders, ready to show you the ropes.
First New Patriots meeting
- Thursday, August 31 after school in room H-6 (Ms. Rosander’s classroom)
- Talk, eat, relax, and debrief about your first two days at PHS!
First home football game
- To be determined...
- TBD - We had a blast at Escobar's Corn Maze last fall. We will plan another event like this for 2017!
Feel free to contact us with any questions, or just to say hello. We’d love to meet you even before school starts.
Ms. Kimberly Rosander
Club Sponsor (and former military kid) ☺
PHS Math Teacher
Alexis Alvanas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Tenenbaum: email@example.com
Fiona Dooley: firstname.lastname@example.org