STUDENT PARKING POLICIES
These are the parking policies that seniors agree to when they turn in a signed Parking Application and recieve an assigned parking space.
When parking on campus, the student will:
- Operate their motor vehicle safely, reasonably and in accordance with all applicable traffic laws.
- Have their parking permit sticker displayed as directed.
- Park appropriately in the space provided.
- Maintain proper registration, insurance and inspection and have it available on demand.
- Arrive by 7:15 A.M.
- Drive no more than 15 MPH while on campus.
- Refrain from playing loud music.
- NOT park in faculty (red spots) or visitor parking (across from the main office).
In order to maintain the privilege to park on campus, the student will:
- Comply with all other school rules as described in the student handbook.
- Adhere to the student/parent agreement as it pertains to participation in extra-curricular activities.
In the event of the following, parking privileges may be forfeited and/ or revoked for a period of time:
- Any breach of conduct that results in the student being suspended from school.
- Being late to school ten times - unexcused.
- Breaching any of the above provisions describing the proper way to operate the motor vehicle.
- Using the vehicle to attempt to leave school grounds without permission or to transport other students who are leaving school grounds without permission.
- Parking on campus when privileges have been suspended.
- Detentions that are not completed within 5 school days of the detentions being assigned.
The Portsmouth High School administration reserves the right to:
- Suspend or revoke parking because of violations of these parking policies as well as violations of the school disciplinary code.
- Search a vehicle given reasonable suspicion of wrong-doing.
- Tow vehicles, at the owner’s expense, that are parked on campus in an unauthorized fashion.
- Assign a consequence for parking violations.