I have been a member of the Portsmouth Police Department since 2011 and hold numerous titles such as School Resource Officer, Child Seat Technician, Special Olympics Coordinator, Compliance Officer and the Liaison for community relations. I am a member of the Portsmouth Police Honor Guard, instructor for the Citizens Police Academy and a member of the Portsmouth Police Motorcyce Unit. I recently obtained a Master's Degree from Roger Williams University in Criminal Justice and thoroughly enjoy working with teachers and presenting in classrooms. I look forward to the opportunity of interacting with students to provide them with guidance and help them with any issues that may arise. I will focus on maintaining a safe learning environment for both students and staff.
Goals of the SRO program:
- Being visible within the school community to help deter criminal activity and student misconduct
- Attending and participating in school functions
- Building a working relationship with students, parents, and school staff
- Promoting the profession of law enforcement and being a positive role model to students
- Working with staff members to establish a safe and secure learning environment
Please feel free to contact me anytime with your concerns or questions. You can reach me by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone at 401-683-2124 ext. 2400.
SRO Maddie Pirri