I would like to express my excitement to be with you as your School Resource Officer (SRO). I am a member of the Portsmouth Police and have been with them since 2008. I have been a police officer for a total of 30 years and love this profession very much. I look forward to the opportunity of interacting with students any way I can. I will focus on maintaining a safe learning environment for both students and staff. I am excited to assist you with any challenges that may arise and to help educate students and staff on issues related to law enforcement and school safety.
As your SRO I am committed to:
- Being visible within the school community to help deter criminal activity and student misconduct
- Attending and participating in school functions
- Building a working relationship with students, parents, and school staff
- Promoting the profession of law enforcement and being a positive role model to students
- Working with staff members to establish a safe and secure learning environment
Please feel free to contact me anytime with your concerns or questions. You can reach me by e-mail or phone at 401-683-2124 ext. 2400. My office is located next to the cafeteria. Let’s work together for the safety of all and have a great 2018-2019 school year.
SRO Richard Ruest
Portsmouth Police Department