So You Have a Damaged Device
- Before submitting the Repair Request Form, reboot the device, restart your wireless router, make sure you are connected to the internet and signed in with your school account.
- If you are a Full-time Distance Learner
- a guardian must complete the online form below
- call the school and make an appointment to bring the damaged device to the main office during regular school hours
- a loaner will be provided
- you will be contacted by the main office when your Chromebook is repaired and ready for pick-up
- If you are a Hybrid Learner
- go to the PHS Patriot Library to fill out the online form below
- exchange your damaged Chromebook for a loaner
- you will receive an email from the library when your Chromebook is repaired and ready for pick-up
- What is "Damage"?
- Physical damage - not connection or operating software issues
- Screen: cracks, disturbance, liquid display, anything that prevents the screen from working correctly
- Keyboard: missing keys, malfunctioning keys, stuck mousepad, etc.
- Battery: not charging
- Chromebook Repair Request Form
So You Need a Chromebook
- Students must use a district-issued Chromebook. There is no Bring Your Own Device Policy at Portsmouth Schools.
- If you have not yet received a Chromebook from the IT department, a guardian must complete this Chromebook Sign-off Form.
- If you are a Full-time Distance Learner, you will be contacted to pick up the device in the main office at the school.
- If you are a Hybrid Learner, you will be contacted to pick up the device in the school library.
Odds & Ends
- Stickers are not allowed to be affixed directly to the district device. If you purchase a shell casing, you can put stickers on the shell.
- Students should power-refresh their device on a regular basis to ensure that auto-updates run.