Working Permit

  • Instructions for students:

    • Print and fill out the Intention to Employ A Minor form. Your employer must sign the form. 
    • Send signed form to Mrs. Vye (by mail, scan and email, or drop off in guidance office)
    • Mrs. Vye will prepare the forms below and contact you to sign and pick up copies of the forms for your employer.

    If you are under 18 and work in Rhode Island, you MAY need a Certificate of Age form.

    If you are under 16, you MUST have a Special Limited Permit to Work form.

    Rhode Island employers who hire minors 14-15 MUST fill out the Intention to Employ A Minor form. For minors 16-17, employers MAY need to fill out this same form. 


    See DLT: Regulation & Standards > Labor Standards and scroll down to Child Labor Laws for more information