Approved by the School Committee 9/11/18
Goal 1: Creation of Strategic Plan
- Create Steering Committee for Strategic Plan
- Support the work of articulating a clear mission and vision.
- Highlight a theory of action to identify what will ultimately drive success in the district.
- Work to identify priorities with district staff.
- Partner with District Management Group.
- Host a minimum of 2 community forums.
- Interviews with various stakeholder views.
- Continuous communication regarding Strategic Planning process.
Goal 2: Improve District performance on standardized testing.
- Administrators will all include performance goals on their evaluations.
- Administrators will include opportunities for test preparation questions.
- A data-based report for each school with test scores and comparisons to high performing districts
- Increase percent proficient on mid-year data in STAR’s RICAS/PARCC predictor.
- Increase growth scores for students on mid-year data.
- Increase percent proficient scores on end-of-year data in STAR’s RICAS/PARCC predictor.
- Increase growth scores for students on end-of-year data.
- Establish a three-year growth target for each of the schools including subgroups.
Goal 3: Develop personalized learning opportunities for all students.
- Increase number of FUSE lighthouse classrooms.
- Embedded staff professional development though technology integration coaches, build capacity for elementary coaching.
- Increase opportunities for internships and workplace connections through both CTE courses and the inclusion of additional pathways.
- Partner with PrepareRI for increased opportunities.
- Development of customized learning plans.
- 1:1 initiative launched for grades 3-10 by the summer of 2010.
- Have at least 3 community/workplace partnerships.
- Form CTE community committee.
Goal 4: Areas of emphasis: Social Emotional Learning
- Continue roll-out of the MTSS (Multi-Tiered Support System).
- Staff professional development on Restorative Justice and PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) and Sandy Hook Promise.
- Review of new State Report Card and address data findings.
- Expand MTSS to Portsmouth Middle School.
- Increased use of PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Systems) as measured by discipline records in ASPEN.
- Continue work on reducing student absences.
- Continue work on reducing student suspensions.
- Implementation of at least one Sandy Hook component by Summer 2019.