Requirements for Participation in Athletics at PHS
• BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR SCHOOL ATHLETICS:
˜PHYSICAL EXAMS: New "Preferred" physical form: PHS Sports Physical
A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If the student's physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received. The above physical form is the "Preferred" physical for PHS Athletics and is in compliance with the Portsmouth School Committee Policy #5113.
˜COMPLETE ONLINE CONCUSSION COURSE:
The state law requires that student/athletes complete the concussion course. This test is free due to the generosity of the PHS Boosters. All online testing will be done at PHS under the supervision of our Athletic Trainer, Mr. Jake Towers. Your student athlete will be tested with the rest of his/her teammates at a designated time.
˜ASSUMPTION OF RISK FORM:
Download the Rhode Island Interscholastic League (RIIL) Assumption of Risk Form. The attachment is below. This form must be notarized.
˜STUDENT ATHLETE HANDBOOK:
Please go on the link below and read through our Student Athlete Handbook. The final page of the handbook must be signed, verifying that you have read and understand our athletic policies. Please attach to the other registration documents when sending in to the Athletic Department. This can also be done during the online registration process.
• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration:
Health Insurance Information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link: FamilyID Registration and following these steps:
1. Click on the link for the season's registration form. Scroll to bottom of page and click on Sign Up as a Family or Individual.
2. Sign up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don't see the email, check your spam or junk folders).
3. Click on the link in your email confirmation and then fill out the information requested on the registration form.