Highlights from PORTSMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL
- PHS was recognized in December by Governor Chaffee and Commissioner Gist as a Commended School in Rhode Island by virtue of its performance on standardized tests, attendance data, and graduation success rate.
- The Class of 2014’s fouryear graduation rate of 96% was the highest of any high school in Rhode Island.
- For the second year in a row the school was recognized by The College Board for its Advanced Placement (AP) Honor Roll for increased participation and improved performance on AP exams.
- The Girls Varsity Soccer Team won the Division 1 State Championship over LaSalle Academy.
- At the annual Scholastic Art Awards, PHS art students collected 17 individual awards, more than any other school in RI.
- The student group, Patriots Committed, dedicated to promoting healthy life choices among high school students, was named Program of the Year at a national conference by the Human Performance Project in Lake Placid, NY.
- Two members of the Class of 2015, Katherine Barry and Natalie Yaw, were named National Merit Scholars and were awarded National Merit scholarships.
- By virtue of over 300 units of blood donated by members of the Portsmouth High School community, the school was named the top donating school in Rhode Island for 20142015.