The following documents are required for each registering student and must be presented by the parent/legal guardian to the Registrar at the registration appointment.
- Birth Certificate-(Official Copy only), Passport or Military ID
- Immunization Records-DTaP (5 doses), HepB (3 doses), Polio/IPV (3-4 doses; One dose must be administered after age 4), Varicella (2 doses), MMR (2 doses), Lead Screening; See Immunization and Physical Requirements for Enrollment document for full list. Proof of Immunizations must be dated within the year.
- Complete Physical dated within the year
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Please bring a copy of your child's latest report card/transcript to assist in class placement and providing the best possible school experience as your child enters the Portsmouth School Department community.
- Proof of Residency-Students must reside in Portsmouth with parent/guardian. One form from each list below specifying the parent/guardian’s residency/address is required:
Portsmouth Property Tax Bill
Government Housing Letter
Copy of current Lease/Rental Agreement
Notarized Letter attached to Property Tax Bill
from Portsmouth Resident verifying residency of occupant
Current Utility Bill (Home Telephone,Oil, Cable, Water, Electric or Gas)
*Cell phone bill is NOT Acceptable
Please note: If you live with another family member or person, they need to complete the Verification of Residency letter (Residency Affidavit) and come to Central Administration to have their signature notarized. In addition, they will need to bring one form from each of the above listed as proof of residency requirements in to prove they are a Portsmouth Resident.
All Registration appointments take place at Portsmouth's Central Administration Office located at 29 Middle Road, Portsmouth, RI. An appointment is necessary to complete your registration. Please note, it can take up to two school days for your child to begin school after registration. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Portsmouth Public Schools
Ph: 401-683-1039 ext. 0