(ALL BUS CHANGE REQUESTS ARE DUE BY 9:00 A.M.)
School District’s Policy for student transportation. Pursuant to School Policy 3700.1:
STUDENT TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – WALKERS AND RIDERS
The School Committee will provide free transportation for public and non-public school students…
Restrictions to Bus Services for Eligible Students:
1. School bus transportation is a privilege that will only be extended as long as students observe the School Bus Code herein.
2. Effective immediately, students will not be permitted to travel on school buses other than those to which they are assigned.
3. Students may not use school buses for the purpose of travel from school to visit a friend’s home, or for attending club meetings or other similar gatherings.
4. Students temporarily traveling to a residence other than their own because of parental arrangements for care of children after school hours may be authorized to do so by the appropriate school official, as determined by the Superintendent/designee, upon advance request by parents in accordance with the guidelines outlined in this policy and any supporting administrative procedures.
5. Video cameras may be used on buses to monitor student behavior and the performance of transportation employees as outlined in this policy.
* You may review the entire policy at portsmouthschoolsri.net *
Please use the form below to send in a note if your child will be making a temporary change due to childcare reasons, as referenced in number 4 above.